Monday, November 25, 2013

I am headed to DEUTSCHLAND!

Liebe Familie!

Another crazy week has gone by, bed rest. Transfer Calls. Zone Conference.  The big news is finally here! I'm headed to my second area!  Where am I headed?  DEUTSCHLAND!  I'll be serving in Ludwigsburg, Germany with Sister Brinck. She's a transfer younger than me on the mission and was trained (born and raised) in Ludwigsburg.  So she's been in there for 3 transfers.  I'm really excited and really terrified to go to my first German ward!!  I know it's going to be an adventure :)

About my head, I'm slowly feeling better. As in all things, recovery just takes time. So much to my chagrin, I have had the blessed opportunity to take time and rest.  (Thank you for your prayers in Krissie's behalf! Her headaches come at the end of the day when she is tired and not all day now.) This week was good despite this, and our investigators are doing great! D is SO excited for his baptism and has his baptismal interview TOMORROW!  To say I'm excited for him, may or may not be an understatement. We were able to have three lessons with him this week and he just gets it!  We've gotten his Baptismal program all lined up and ready!  Now you might be looking at that first paragraph and thinking what?! She leaves right before he gets baptized. The answer is yep! I'm going to be in Germany for the 5 baptisms, we have set in December!  Sister Packer, who will be working with Sister Clark, will have the privilege of being here with all these INCREDIBLE people! One thing our mission has been doing, I'll be able to Skype our investigators, after their baptism and congratulate them!  That way, I can sort of be there (even though I can't actually be there to witness it!). (Also, not skyping during the actual baptism.. that'd be weird! but, afterwards haha!) The most important thing is that these people feel supported and loved on their big day!  

Zone Conference was great!  We really focused on working with our members.  Everyone always talks about how it is SO much more effective to work through members and it is SO true. People are willing to ask their friends their questions of the soul, that they may not want to ask a random stranger from America.   I mean really.  Imagine someone stopped you on the street and tried to talk to you about religion.  What do you do? Now I'm not saying it doesn't work sometimes. Because  it totally does.  But it is so much MORE effective, to be able to share the gospel with people we already know.


Also, HAPPY THANKSGIVING! I'm so grateful that I've been able to serve here in Wien and meet some of the best people in the whole wide world; that I've had three rock solid companions (Sister Young, Woods and Clark) and that I'm going to have another great one with Sister Brinck!  But most of all, I'm grateful for my family! That you all are so supportive and encouraging! God (for some strange reason, I haven't yet figured out) allowed me to be with you glorious people, and I'm so glad! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! This work is so great and I can't imagine a better place to be doing the BEST WORK EVER! :) Seeing people come unto Christ, begin to understand the Atonement and how it effects them is the most wonderful thing and I feel privileged to witness it! God is good! 

Have a great week and know that I love you!

Sister Harman
Vienna Zone with President and Sister Miles

1 comment:

  1. What a wonderful attitude! How positive she is being transformed before the baptisms... I love it and she inspires me to be better!

    ReplyDelete