Monday, December 2, 2013

Saying goodbye, packing, train rides, new companion and Christmas Markets!

Liebe Familie!
What a week. Seriously.  Getting D ready for his baptismal interview, saying goodbye to everyone in Wien, packing up, super long train ride, new Deutscher Ward, first Sunday in a new ward, new companion Sister Brinck, Christmas Markets, annd here we are to today!
First off, my new address is:
Kirche Jesu Christi
Sister Harman
Simanowiztraße 11
D-71638 Ludwigsburg
Deutschland
Secondly, D's interview was yesterday and I heard from Sister Clark (via email) that HE'S GETTING BAPTIZED ON SATURDAY!!!!!!! He' s ridiculously excited and he (and Sister Clark and several members) have promised to send me pictures as I am 8 hours via train away.  I'm really really happy for him and for the great step he is making towards Jesus Christ. D is an INCREDIBLE person and is going to make a fantastic member of the church!
Thirdly, saying goodbye was hard.  But, good. Everyone knows that transfers are apart of mission life and that eventually an end will come to every missionary's stay. That being said, it was bittersweet. I've really loved my time in Wien and I will be eternally grateful (quite literally) that I was able to meet all the great people there!
Fourthly, (incredibly organized today haha) transfers were crazy as always.  I hopped on a train with my two suit cases with all the other missionaries from Wien headed elsewhere. Including but not limited to: Elder Eaker headed home, Elder Jimenez headed to Munich, Elder Robins headed to Freiburg zone, Elder Richman to Passau, Sister Kervinen to Brixon, Elder Helbig to Augsburg, annnnnd several others. (Not really wanting to bore ya'll with the rest). Safe to say, there were several of us. In Munich, we hopped off and were talking to more missionaries (some who were goldens! So adorable! So scared haha)  I was able to talk to a bunch of missionaries my 'age' on the mission which was way cool and then took a train to Stuttgart (with, of course, all the missionaries headed to that side of the mission).  We almost missed our train from Munich to Stuttgart but, everyone made it on and all the luggage too so alles gute! haha I was laughing so hard as we formed a line throwing luggage on! (It's times like that that I remember we're all 18-22)  Finally, arrived in Stuttgart to meet the lovely Sister Brinck, my new companion!  
Sister Brinck is great. She's 21, from Cali, graduated from BYU in linguistics, speaks French and German (pretty solid), loves playing trumpet and enjoys singing in her spare time.  This is her fourth transfer and Ludwigsburg is her first area.  Then Sister Brinck and I with Elder Mickelson and his golden, Elder Smith, (who are whitewashing the Ludwigsburg Elders) took a train to Ludwigsburg and went to work! The members were really excited to meet the three new missionaries and so we were able to have loads of member appointments over the weekend.  
My first Sunday was great. We have about 120 members here in the Ludwigsburg ward and have one of the biggest primaries in Germany (or so the rumors go haha).  It really just reminded me of wards in Utah.. but in German.  So you're probably thinking whoa! Sister Harman's first Sunday in GERMAN?! What the what! She probably freaked out and died. Nope, several miracles occured and I was able to understand and talk with people just fine!  Not fluent or anything but, it all went really well!  I really am excited to get to know these members better and get to work here in Ludwigsburg.  This is a newer Sisters' area as I think I said last week so I wasn't sure what I would be going into.  After looking at the area book... there's some work to be done! We don't have any progressing investigators right now but, the Lord will provide!  It's kinda funny actually. I feel like I should be really nervous because the area is kindof dead but instead I'm just really excited.  I figure this is a great opportunity to try new ideas, and really be able to see what works and what doesn't work!  We're going to see some crazy miracles!
Ludwigsburg Christmas Market

Other than that, we're going to a Christmas Market today and I'm fairly certain I'm in love. They're the cutest things in the entire world and it's SO easy to talk with  people about Christ with Christmas on the mind! The time is so right for Ludwigsburg to just explode with success!  
LOVE YOU ALL!
Sister Harman 

P.S. Sister Harman is still having headaches but she said they are getting a little better.

No comments:

Post a Comment