Monday, July 28, 2014

Yep. I'm getting transferred. Sister Harman is Munich bound!

SEEEEEEEEERVUS! 

Well, to answer the question we've all been waiting for... Yep. I'm getting transferred. Sister McEwen and I saw it coming. This past transfer has been a missionary holiday. What do I mean when I say that? From day 1, we've been able to really teach in unity and just do work.  We've been able to see incredible miracles through progressing investigators, new people learning about the church, and helping the less active members come back and man, I'm so just grateful that we've been able to have these 6 weeks together. By the way, Mom, Sister McEwen would LOVE for you to be her American Mom. She says you'll get to make her American cookies when she comes to visit me.  It's a bummer leaving Linz so quickly, but I can already see why the Lord needed me to come here, even if it was for only for 12 weeks.

On a happier more excited note, I'm headed to (drumroll please!) München 3!  I'll be whitewashing with a golden! (That's mission talk for you!) That means the two Sisters that have been serving there are both getting transferred away and I'll be coming in with a fresh sister missionary.  I've heard really great things about serving in München and I've always wanted to serve there.  There are Elders serving in the ward as well and that's all I know about it. My poor new companion will have to be a bit patient with me because I won't know any where things are or who people are haha, but, the Lord definitely qualifies whom he calls! (Do you sense my positive attitude? :))  But, learning a new area will keep me sprinting to the end.

In other news, I've finished the Standard Works! DONE! I have absolutely loved studying in the Old Testament, New Testament, Book of Mormon, Doctrine and Covenants, and the Pearl of Great Price.  It was a little funny, as I finished up Doctrine and Covenants, it just made me so sad! To know that I was finishing up this goal I've been working on since... November.  But, then I just decided to set new goals and we're back and running!

This week has been crazy. We've been teaching so many lessons. We've got P, M1, M2, and M3 progressing towards baptism and ah. Now we've been running around trying to get everything ready for me to leave and Sister McEwen to train. It's been absolutely crazy, a bit sad, really fun, and well, just like missionary work! I love it!  I'm definitely sad to be leaving Linz after only 12 weeks but, I've really seen the Lord's hand in my work here. I can't complain! Well, I'm working on not complaining haha Just trying to be grateful that I got to come here at all!

Fun adventures:  Running through the rain, knocking on doors (we were going by some people in our area books) and laughing until we're both crying. I'm going to miss my crazy Scott but, I'm glad we've had the chance to work together!

Full steam ahead for M1 and her baptism! She'll be getting baptized on the 9th of August and her baptismal interview will be this Saturday. It was hard breaking her the news that I would be getting transferred and that I couldn't come to her baptism but, we'll Skype probably the next day and she'll get to tell me all about it. I feel so blessed to have been able to see her from the beginning. First interaction with the church, the missionary lessons, baptismal interview, and then I'll get to hear all about her baptism. This path toward Christ is never easy but it is always worth it! The song, I'll Go Where You Want Me to Go, really comes to mind. Christ really does want us to follow Him. To take the steps we need to, to align ourselves to his will. I'm SO grateful that I have the opportunity to serve and to KEEP serving.  Linz has been a really special place for me and I know I really did all I could to help this ward make progress. I can't wait to hear from my Linzers how the work progresses here! 

Happy Anniversary Mom and Dad! I think it's safe to say, I'm CRAZY thankful that you two found each other and put a ring on it ;) But, in all seriousness, I'm grateful for you two. The great example you have given me - helps me know what kind of person I'll need to find (in the far, far away future) and how I want to raise a family (an even further away future). I love you both!

To everyone else, you're fine and dandy as well! 

Love,
Sister Harman

1 comment:

  1. What a great attitude of gratitude! She'll be marvelous in Munich!

    ReplyDelete