Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Chapter 3 - The MTC adventures continue


Hey you!

I loved getting your letters! I'm glad that everyone is doing well.

Thanks for the package! I loved it and so did all my district (be proud, I've finally learned to share haha) Yeah, if you wouldn't minding sending off everything that you can to the mission office.  I'm bummed I didn't get the letter before or I would have had it all done by now.  (P.S. I love my towels - they are light weight and dry super fast. Best idea ever) If I need to get more pictures taken, I can do that here so that I can mail it off ASAP.  Hopefully, this won't mess with my visa stuff.

This week went really well, we've taught so many lessons this week with our new investigators and our German is coming along swimmingly haha.  In other words, I can generally get my message across. Now I just really need to work on my grammar. Yay for additional study time! (It's the time where you can study basically anything you need.) Thanks for doing the blog stuff - I've heard from everyone that it's a big hit!
 
So here's the great thing about being in an MTC branch, there is an assigned topic for that Sunday for the Sacrament talks.  Everyone has time to prepare a talk auf Deutsch on Saturday night and then after partaking the Sacrament, the Branch Presidency member conducting announces which two missionaries will be speaking.  Like five of the Elders in my zone leaned over right before Sacrament meeting and all told me that I would be speaking.  Wham bam - it was my turn. 
 
Luckily, I'm ridiculously good at German and was able to speak it super well (insert hysterical laughter).  I got so nervous that I just straight up read my talk in German.  At least I bore my testimony auf Deutsch without too much trouble haha Oh well! Baby steps :D Girl!
 
So here's a funny story, here at the MTC they have huge containers of cereal. Similar to those at hotels, in that we turn the nob for the cereal to come out. So our Zone (all going to Deutschland) decided that one morning we would try to eat all the Coco Roos and completely empty a container before the MTC workers refilled it).  The morning came and grand total 67 bowls of Coco Roos were consumed.  (Our branch is about 30 people)  with Elder Morey eating 11 bowls. (He's 18... what do we expect ;)).  Elder Milsoe (Danish Elder headed to Alpine) picked up the ginormous container, lifted it above his head and yelled, "FREEDOM!".  It was absolutely hilarious.  We all cheer and all the Elders began singing the forbidden first verse of the German national anthem. (Deutschland, Deutschland uber uber alles) Germany over all - it was during Hitler's reign and it's a huge no-no but everyone sings it anyways.  It was hilarious and so random.  The joys of the MTC!

Anyways, I love you and I hope all continues to go will.  LOVE YOU!

-Krissie

Note for Schwester Harman's mom:  Krissie's letter from her mission president never arrived and finally made its way back to the mission home so we are trying to get all the stuff done we were supposed to do months ago.  But the Lord takes care of  His missionaries and their families.  I had a copy of everything we need to send on the computer.  Very blessed we are!  The towels she is talking about are the microfiber towels, we found them at Deseret Book and they are so small!  I hope you are enjoying the blog!  If you happen to hear a great story from Krissie that is not posted on the blog, email it to me (babescola@msn.com) and I will post it.
Thank you!!

No comments:

Post a Comment