Monday, September 23, 2013

We were able to hit this week hard :D

Hey Ya'll!
This week has been a bit chillier and oh so rainy!  Sister Clark is feeling loads better so we were able to hit this week hard :D  Aka a super awesome busy week!  To answer your questions: it's not that chilly so we totally still go running in the mornings!  There's no good excuse not to do the best thing ever! I miss running so much sometimes.  I would be lying if I said I wasn't excited to go running by myself when I get home.
Great story for this week:  we were going to an appointment with T. She's a former investigator, who has decided she's ready to make some changes in her life so BAM! We're teaching her again.  She has so much faith and has read the Book of Mormon through already.  She actually had a baptismal date before but, due to some struggles the date was dropped and she dropped the missionaries.  Anyways, things have changed so we were heading over for an appointment when we realized we were going to get there about 15 minutes early.  We figured we could walk around and talk to some people around her neighborhood until it was time for the appointment.  Just as we start walking around, the heavens opened up and I swear! It rained buckets and buckets and guess who forgot their umbrellas!  We did!  I just started laughing so hard!  Sister Clark just gave me the most intense look and said, 'This isn't funny!'  After that remark, I just started laughing even harder, all the while the rain is pouring down.  There is absolutely no one on the streets and we're just walking around looking for some place away from the rain. All the while, I'm laughing.   Finally, it's time for the appointment and what happens? The rain stops, the sun comes out and people are everywhere.  Oh and did I mention that T had to work late so she wasn't home yet.  haha Basically, I just kept laughing thinking... man! Now this is a missionary experience! Don't fear! We called up R and had a super appointment about the Law of Chastity instead!  Spirit hit like a freight train and everyone was smiles!
One cool story this week:  We went to a member's home today for lunch and while, it didn't apear like she was struggling at church. She really needed someone to come and just tell her that she was doing a good job! I forget sometimes, because we are so busy with Less active members and investigators, that we are here to help the members come unto Christ as well.  We really do get to mourn with those that mourn, comfort those that stand in need of comfort, and lift the hands of those that have fallen.  It's incredible to see the difference a friendly greeting or warm hug can really do to brighten someone's day!  I love it!
We had tausch this week with the Graz Sisters.  Sister Armstrong came up to Wien to work with me and we had a ball!  We taught lots of super great lessons to the coolest investigators in the world and were able to be in charge of a mutual activity.  We did a relay race through a missionary day.  6:30 wake up! Fruh Sport! (Exercise!) Run get dressed! (I brought some really ugly clothes I found in our apartment. Thank you, past Sister Missionaries! haha)  Eat breakfast! (Elders brought bread and water..) Scripture chase! Contacting someone and invite them to church! Take off the missionary clothes and BAM! Tag the next person in line!  It was really super fun and I've never laughed so hard.  Sister Armstrong is a champion. She ate the piece of bread in like .2 second and then Elder Abbott slipped and fell and man! We just had a really great time! Plus, there were two non-members there and now they know us! (The Elders got their numbers!) Woo. Solid day! Oh! And Sister Armstrong got to celebrate her year mark while in Wien! She's been out for a whole year. What a stud muffin!
Other than that, life is just chugging along.  Oh! and one more funny thing! I've decided I would be a terrible pioneer.  Our washing machine broke about two weeks ago and we've had to hand wash our clothes for the past two weeks. Man. I am so grateful for modern technology. It would be the worst not to have it and I firmly believe that I was put on Earth at this time so I wouldn't have to suffer haha  If you have free time, check out this awesome scripture that helped me this week! Romans 8:35, 38-39. So good! I'm glad everyone is doing super well at home.. Random fact! We had an Earthquake this week. It was small but cool none the less.  I'm excited to see how the missionary work goes forth with Elders and Sisters serving in Meeker. I'm sure it's going to be so awesome!  Give everyone hugs for me and know that I love you oh so much! :)
Love,
Sister Harman
P.S. I have two exchanges this week! It's going to be crazy! Wish me luck! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment