Tuesday, June 17, 2014

Finding days, Zone Conferences, teaching lessons, doing service, all in the quaint country of Austria :)

Helloooooooooo!
Crazy week as always. Finding days, Zone Conferences, teaching lessons, doing service, all in the
quaint country of Austria :)
Miracle stories:
1.The work here is going fantastic, with new investigators jumping out of the woodworks.  Zum Beispiel, A, a recent convert, invited his friend, M to come to church. The Linz ward is huge and I'm still working on meeting them all so just on a whim I sat by this lady and it turns out.. she was the non-member brought by A!  haha it was quite the coincidence!
I translated the meeting for her (she just moved here and doesn't speak too much German yet) (In Austria, you can do University in English if you'd like - and that's what she is doing). After translating the meeting, and giving her a Book of Mormon, we went to our gospel principles class where Schwester Brandstätter proceeded to give one of the best lessons on Faith, I have ever seen! M loved it and said she wants to get baptized! WHAT! Sometimes people just really need to feel the Spirit and then then know.  
2. A, from story above, is blind. He recently received the Aaronic Priesthood (the lesser Priesthood authority from God, see here) was able to pass the Sacrament for the very first time yesterday. One might ask, how does a blind man pass the Sacrament? Walking around, with a tray of bread and water and holding it out to those worthy to partake of it, would be nearly impossible for one with an inability to see?  One of the young men in our ward, put one hand on A's shoulder and lead him around the chapel as he passed out the Sacrament to those in attendance.  Both A and the young boy were beaming the entire time and just watching the pure excitement and love for each other and for the excitement they had in serving the Lord brought many to tears. It was such an INCREDIBLE thing to watch.
Sister Pentz, Sister Miles and Sister Harman
3. Zone Conference. President and Sister Miles came to Salzburg for a final ZC and oh my gosh. It was glorious, and super heartbreaking. I love President and Sister Miles so very much! They were able to say some goodbyes and encourage us to love, respect, and carry on the great work that lays before us.  Highlight, we did a musical number - a medley of 'I'll Go Where You Want Me to Go and Gott Sei mit euch bis Aufs Wiederseh'n' it was absolutely beautiful and we all were a mess afterwards. I really am so grateful for President and Sister Miles and all the hours, blood, sweat, tears, and even more love, that they have put into this mission. They are some of the best people I have ever met!
4. Insert super amazing woman. Strong in the church, Mother of a little baby girl, and loves to help the missionaries out. Insert a loving father but, decided that he no longer believes in God. He supports his wife in her decision to come to church but, sees no need for it in his life.  What he doesn't realize, is that his decision is breaking his sweet wife's heart and will effect their sweet little girl as she grows up.  STAY TRUE TO YOUR COVENANTS. Hold true to what you know to be true and if you have doubts, take it to the Lord. Seriously. Watching this poor woman struggle and know that I can do nothing to help other than pray for her, breaks my heart. I know that it breaks God's heart WAY more than it breaks mine and ah. I just wish stories like this never happened :(
5. I read this quote and loved it! 

" To better understand prayer, I have listened to the counsel of others, pondered the scriptures, and studied the lives of prophets and others.    Yet what seems most helpful is seeing in my mind a child approaching trustingly a loving, kind, wise, understanding Father who wants us to suceed. 
Don't worry about your clumsily expressed feelings. Just talk to your Father.  He hears every prayer and answers it in His way.  
When we expain a problem and a proposed solution, sometimes He answers yes, sometimes no.  Often He withholds an answer, not for lack of concern, but because He loves us--perfectly.  He wants us to apply truths He has given us.  For us to grow, we need to trust our ability to make correct decisions.  We need to do what we feel is right.  In time, He will answer.  He will not fail us.
I have described the absolute reality of our relationship with our Father.  There is nothing about us He does not know.  He is conscious of our every need and could provide all the answers.  Yet, becasue His purpose is our eternal happiness, He encourages us to make the correct choices."

From June 2014, New Era (You can read the whole article here
Reading this whole article, really helped me put into perspective the answers I'm looking for in my life and feel more assurance in knowing that God really is always there to answer not only my prayers but, the answers of those people we're teaching! The work of God goes forward and I'm so grateful to be a part of it!

Transfer news! Sister Pentz is getting transferred (fastest six weeks of my life). I'll be working with Sister McEwen from Scotland. It's kindof funny, I know almost all the Sisters in the mission now, but she was one of the ONLY ones I don't know yet haha She's been out for almost as long as me and has been serving in Switzerland her whole mission. I'm going to miss working with Sister Pentz - she's an incredible missionary and a wonderful friend! I know she's going to love Tübigen and Sister Motto!
Well.. that was the longest email ever so I'll leave it at that! Know that I love you all and wish you the best of weeks!


Liebe Grüße!
Sister Harman

Editor's note:  The pictures are from the hike Sister Harman and Sister Pentz went on last week.  Gorgeous!  

Also notice Sister Harman is wearing a German national team jersey for the World Cup!   Nice win over Portugal!  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment