Tuesday, June 10, 2014

I did my first ausstellung this week!

Liebe Familie!

Sorry that this email is so late!  It's been a crazy week already! We went on a beautiful hike! (Don't hate me but, I may have accidently left my camera at home today...) NEXT WEEK!  We taught some really great lessons (hence we're doing a quick email today!)  

To start, what a crazy week! Sadie is a mama! I hope the puppies are adorable.. (they look like cute little aliens in the picture haha)  I did my first ausstellung this week - where we set up a sign and just talk to anyone and everyone about whatever the sign says. Sister Pentz and I went to Ried (adorable little town in a neighboring area) and helped out Elders Kastendieck and Hancey (if you remember, this Elders were in my very first district in the MTC!)  We talked to so many people and it was just a blast.  Sure, it was ridiculously hot but! It was one of those Best Two Years moments, when you really just FEEL like a missionary! 

Crazy amazing lessons with B this week. This time we had J as a translator and it was incredible. We juuust got out of a lesson with B and J, where we talked about the Doctrine of Christ. The Doctrine of Christ lays out what we are asked to do in this life, in order to return to live with our Heavenly Father. Jesus Christ took upon himself the sins of the world (including your's and mine!) but, there's somethings we need to do to access the power of his sacrifice. Namely, have faith in Jesus Christ as our Savior and Redeemer, repent on the sins we have committed, be baptized by someone holding the Priesthood power of God, receive the Gift of the Holy Ghost (as stated in Acts 2), and endure to the end (basically, continually living to be worthy of the blessings the Lord sees fit to give us).  It's incredible to see people exercise their faith in God. To pray and ask Him, what His plan for them is.  B prayed about Baptism and says he knows he needs to be baptized - biggest problem is: he cannot share this joy with his wife and son, who are still currently living in a country where Christianity is not allowed.  

It really hit me - I am so grateful that I was born in America, a place where we enjoy religious freedom.  I'm so grateful to be born into a wonderful family that loves and supports me in all my crazy adventures.  You all are a HUGE blessing in my life and I know I would have been lost without your influences in my life. Seriously.  Each and everyone of you are a treasure to me!  Throwing a little spotlight on Dad this week, Dad! I just want to say thank you so very much. Your love, support, and neverending faith in my ability to improve has been an unbelievable beacon to me.  I've always known where to turn when I started to feel a little uncertain or scared. Your love has been an echo of the love Heavenly Father has for me and man! I don't know what I would have done without your influences in my life. THANK YOU! 

In other words, missionary work goes forward and I'm loving my time here! Basking in the Austrian Sun (no sunburns yet!)

Know that I love you all and pray for you all! Keep on keeping on!

Love, 
Sister Harman

Editor's note:  We should have lots of pictures next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment